Thursday, April 30, 2009

So I hate when you are not allowed to do your job

I have to go in to work tomorrow [my day off] just to sit around and wait for my boss's boss's, boss to tell me whether or not I'm allowed to tell this developer that no, he can't get $1,400,000 in a tax credit for "preserving" one of his buildings while tearing down another and gutting a third. The oldest building in this manufacturing complex was torn down and now they want to get a federal subsidy for the rest of their work. And I'm not allowed to tell them no yet, b/c my boss's boss's.... is too worried about what developers think and now a Senator's office has gotten involved. Like it matters what they say. It should only matter if they are doing good preservation- which doesn't include demolition! Ok, enough elitist architectural rambling. I'm just bitter I have to go to work tomorrow :-( and will have to wait all day to be told to do something I could have done today.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I was wondering why you were so cranky about work on Friday. If I had just kept up with your blog I would have known! I'm sure you were super pissed... so what was the ultimate decision? Does that jerky developer get what he wants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea yet. We were able to get the boss lady to postpone any decision making till Monday. So I'll see what the status is tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't spill into Tuesday b/c I really want to work from home. Just like Friday I'm sure nothing will even get done, just a bunch of hurry up and meet and then nothing gets decided except that we 'have to make a decision soon.' crazy. That's the government for you.

    ReplyDelete