Sunday, September 20, 2009

*home*

So I went home for the weekend to visit w/ my parents. Ever since I moved away for good, some time in college, I get the urge to visit home for a long weekend every once in a while. Now that I'm married I know I really can't drag the husband back to my parents house just to sit around all weekend. But I like just being home with no real plans. It can be relaxing just being back in the house I grew up in. Whenever I visit home these days, I always find myself 'exploring' the house. When I'm back in my bedroom getting ready for bed, I end up looking over my bookshelves, opening drawers and digging around and just -looking- at everything. That room really hasn't been my bedroom since I moved away to college that first year and it's like I'm in someone else's room when I go visit. But once I start looking around and remembering certain things I feel like I've been gone for so long. I found one of my old stuffed animals from when I was a toddler and it felt like a momentous discovery. I found old letters and emails printed out from middle school and high school [lots from CEBN], and I was glad I saved them because they provide so much enjoyment when I remember those times. I always end up getting in to bed later than I wanted because I get so distracted by my own stuff. There are so many things I think "I really need to save this and not get rid of it..." but then, it's not like I have room for more stuff in my new place. Hopefully the parents won't want to redecorate my room any time soon...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've saved a bunch of those letters back from middle school and high school, too! I know exactly what you mean about wanting to spend a long weekend back at your parents' house. I'm sure your parents love having you back, and it gives so many more opportunities for *quality time* with your parents. You know what I miss the most? I miss being surrounded by the woods and open, fresh air. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete