Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Husband is a Super Engineer!

So, all last week we had out AC off b/c it was really nice outside and we just kept the windows open. Saturday it got a little hot in the house so on our way out to a bbq we turned the AC on to cool the house down a bit. When we got home at like 10:30 that night it was still 83 in the house-when the AC was set to 75. Not good. At least it was still going to be nice for a few days and we could survive w/ open windows and fans. So, VAP, being a mechanical engineer, who designs large scale HVAC systems every day, talked to his work buddies about what might be wrong, came home w/ some gadget, fiddled w/ the AC for 15 mins [talked about hopefully not electrocuting himself] and soon enough had fixed our AC!!!! [far as we can tell- it's now cooling :-) ]

So, it pays to have a handy engineer around the house. He also fixed our washing machine a few months ago when the kill switch that keeps bad things from happening when you open the top when the cylinder is spinning broke. He just hard wired it so it doesn't stop when you open it-but now it will finish a cycle. Ahh the joys of inheriting old appliances.

So, I'm going to relax for another half hour before I have to go into 'bed mode' and wind down for the day. Looking forward to a ridiculously chilled house and snuggling under the covers!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe... reading about moments like this make me miss my daddy! :-p B and I get along, but we are oh-so-not engineers. I guess that's what they created the yellow pages for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, and when it comes to more complicated things, or plumbing, we're using the yellow pages too. It does make you appreciate how good our Dads are at fixing almost anything though. And they learned from their dads and uncles, and friends, and I wish I knew more of those kinds of useful skills. I also wish I learned more about sewing from my mom. Oh well. I can always learn later in life.

    ReplyDelete