Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Knitting Meet Up!

After hitting the gym tonight I went to Panera in Columbia to sit and knit w/ a bunch of other women [and one man]. I found this group on the website www.meetup.com and it looked pretty cool. It's all people who like to knit, or learn and get together every Wednesday evenings and some other mornings and just sit together and knit. They talk about projects, help each other, and just enjoy the company while knitting. I was a little worried about showing up by myself and when I got there it was pretty crowded already, so I felt weird just going up to a table. But I found a seat w/ two women, both named Karen [easy to remember] and it was really nice. They were both really friendly and we chatted about knitting and random stuff. I was glad I met some nice people and hopefully next week I can meet a few more. A lot of the women there seem to know each other and enjoy catching up. I'm hoping I can be friendly and meet some more people.

I am currently making a shawl, specifically a 'prayer shawl' for my old church. There is a group that meets during Sunday school and knits shawls for people. When I visited a few weeks ago w/ my mom they said I was welcome to take some yarn from the stash and make one. It sounded fun and it's always nice to have a new project. So I think I'm not too far off from being done, but it just resembles a huge triangle at the moment. I won't really know how it looks till it's done and off the needles. Here are some pictures so far:

I'll be sure to post some pictures when I'm done too, so you can see the finished product. I'll model it and everything! :-)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You are so talented :) I've got to get you to "re-teach" me how to knit. I've got the materials! I just need to put in some time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This was super easy to make. You should totally come to this MeetUp. They welcome beginners and will help you out. They also have Saturday morning groups too if you can't make it to Weds. night. I'll go with you any time if you want to give knitting another try!

    ReplyDelete