Monday, October 12, 2009

Quick Project



The other day while checking out cute stuff on www.etsy.com I found these patterns: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32429275 All kinds of cute knitted toys/stuff animals. VAP's favorite animal is the rhino. So, I realllly wanted to make the rhino for him. Not that he really wants a stuffed rhino, but because I though it would be cute. I started the project this afternoon and after looking up some knitting tips and instructions for things I was apparently doing wrong, I finished it a little while ago. It really is a quick project. You can make legs for these little guys too if you want, the pattern comes with 3 different choices. But I'm pooped for now. VAP left early this morning for Alabama for a work project. He comes back tomorrow night. I leave tomorrow morning for Nashville until Saturday for a conference for work. I haven't really packed yet [eeek] but I really haven't felt like it all day. I really wanted to see how far I could get with this project and I'm really happy I got as far as I did. I'll leave the little rhino on his pillow for him to find when he gets home. I'm bummed I'll miss him as our planes fly by each other. 5 days is a good while to be away, but at least I'll be busy with work. My major presentation is Friday so hopefully I won't be freaking out all week until it's over. Sad thing is I have another presentation at another conference next Friday too. Phew, I can't wait to be done with all this. I'll have been at 3 conferences in 5 weeks. Alright, I guess it's time to get packing!

3 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable!!!! You are so talented (I'm jealous!) I'm sure VAP will LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could totally teach you to knit, actually we could take a class together or something. I'm really happy the way the little rhino turned out. I got a pattern for a cat and a bear too. The person who made the patterns has like 20+ animals. It took all I had not to buy them all. Soooo cute. I guess when everyone starts having babies I can make them as gifts :-) [or for my husband, hehe] We'll see if he likes it, or if the cats stole it from the bed while I was out today. Meatball was eying it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. project rhino was a hit! he loved it!

    ReplyDelete