Tuesday, November 17, 2009

it doesn't take much...

...to make my day sometimes. Monday when I was leaving work I walked past the valet parking office of my building and waved goodbye to the security guards and the parking gentlemen that I see most days. This one gentleman in particular always says hello, calls me young lady and asks how I'm going. Yesterday he asked if I was going to watch football that night. I said probably not but my husband was. He gave me this look like, "you are married!?" Then he said something about thinking I wasn't old enough, saying I couldn't be that far out of high school. Now, I am not one of those women that feels like I look old or needs to be told I look good for my age or something, but there was something about the way this man said it, that was sweet and very complimentary. I see him most days and he always has a smile on his face and asks how I am and really means it. I honestly do not even know his name. After walking by every day and starting to say hi, good morning and the usual pleasantries we started to have a little hello/goodbye relationship going on. There is one other gentleman that is in the booth every morning. If he sees me walking by he gets this big smile and waves really big and mimes good morning. Again, don't even know this guys name but I make sure to look for him every morning because if I see him and he waves hello, there's just something so nice about that gesture that it makes me smile every time. I think they have a job where most people don't stop to say hi and wait to listen about how their day is going, so when someone does, they really appreciate it. And even though I work in an office all day where I see people and we talk and know a little about each other's lives, it's not the same-these guys are just sweet, kind people. It's the little things sometimes that can make your day.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Every now and then you have a person like that in your life... right now I sorta don't and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete