Wednesday, November 11, 2009

shopping!

So, taking advantage of my day off today [thank you Federal govt] I went shopping. First to the Value Village thrift store to look for jean clothing. Added bonus, all Federal holidays are 1/2 price day at these thrift stores. VAP and are attending a "Jarty" aka, Jean Party after Thanksgiving. The premise is that you wear all denim. VAP does not own any jeans, so I had to buy him a whole outfit- jean pants, denim shirt, and sweet denim jacket. He's going to have the whole "Canadian tuxedo" going on. I just got myself a jean jacket. Not sure if I'd wear it anywhere but this party, but hey, it was only $2.50.

I wanted to buy myself another pair of jeans- new, not at the thrift store, so I headed to Arundel Mills. You could tell it was a holiday b/c the parking lot was pretty full. I don't want to think about what that place is going to look like when the holidays get closer. I can't really complain though because I pretty much always go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. While on the hunt for jeans I got distracted and started trying on just about anything. I think I experience the whole range of shopping emotions- happy to sad/depressed. How is it that the size you wear in one store is so completely different than another store? One store can make you feel good about yourself and then another can totally crush that. Besides the size issue, why is it so hard to find a pair of pants that fit right? Even in the same store trying on the exact same jeans I literally wore into the store that I've had for a few years- the new pair I tried on, didn't fit the same. Ugh. I feel the same way about bathing suits. Why can't I find a bathing suit bottom that fits as well as my underwear. No butt cheeks hanging out, not super low cut, just comfortable and covers all the right stuff.

All complaining aside, I did find a pair of jeans I could live with, and for $30! And...I found a new suit for work. I'm super happy about that, I haven't bought a suit since 2005 and I needed a new one. This one is actually separates that all match and are interchangeable which is sweet. I have a jacket and then either a skirt, or a dress. And it all looks flattering on me :-) Now I just need some place to wear it...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're ready for your next conference. Woo-hoo! I always wanted to have a job that would require suits. Teaching is so not that job (though I try to look nice nonetheless)! :)

    ReplyDelete