Monday, December 7, 2009

Sweater Update

So, I'm super excited for my new sweater I started Sunday. The woman who teaches the class is really nice and helpful and more than happy to answer all my questions and make my insecure knitter self feel better. So it doesn't look like much yet and is all curled up but I'm started! The yarn I chose is an acrylic/wood blend so its easier to care for and it was cheaper, nice yarn is expensive!

So there's no color name, it's something like color "0670" so I'm calling it "dusty green with flecks of pink." It doesn't look as green in the pics as in real life, but here are some pics:


It's knit "in the round" which means its one large needle which looks like two needles with a string in between. It helps you knit larger things and things that are shaped like a tube. So, I've hit a problem with the pattern, the number of stitches it says I should have when I get to a certain point is not what I have, so I have an email in to the teacher. I don't want to be put on hold for a week since I need to make progress for the next class Sunday. I feel like pushing my work and the rest of my life out of the way so I can just work on this sweater but stupid work keeps me away from the shop during the hours it's open...maybe I can take a break tomorrow when working from home....

Ok, enough on that. I'm taking VAP to the oral surgeon Wednesday to get his wisdom teeth out. He's a little nervous about being put under but I'm trying to tell him he's gonna be fine. I myself had a horrible dry socket or infection thing that put me out of commission for several days and helped me lose like 7 lbs [not a bad side effect]. But that's not common. We're not all that excited about how much it costs, over $1,000, thank you crappy insurance! I wish he had all of his and I had the rest of mine [2 left] done when we both had our parent's insurance and parents to pay for it. But oh well, we're adults I guess. boooooo. Why do we have wisdom teeth anyway? If almost everyone has problems with them what has evolution done that we don't need them now but we have them?

2 comments:

  1. How's your sweater coming along? How did VAP's surgery go? I'm so glad I had all of mine out at the same time... I didn't realize you only had 2 done way back then... and speaking of evolution, my dad only ever had two wisdom teeth! That's gotta count for some kind of evolutionary evidence, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His surgery went fine, he was doped up for a few hours after the surger and it was cute/funny/sad to see him. But he toughed it out and was just on reg. pain killers and sitting on the couch playing video games for two days. He did sooooo much better than I did when I got mine out, I think I was passed out for two days. And yes, I still have two upper wisdom teeth which I am less than happy about b/c 1. who wants to go through that again, and 2. I do not want to have to pay for it w/ my own $ [vs. parents]. Funny you mention your dad, one of my parents has little tiny ones that never came in but didn't need to come out, and the other didn't have any wisdom teeth at all. So, how I ended up with four real ones is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete