Saturday, December 5, 2009

Knitting Fun

So, even though I was sick for a while, I had some joy in that I got to wear my newly finished cabled hat that I knit!

I actually made this same hat in a different yarn a few years ago but didn't check my 'gauge' [the process that makes sure the size of the needles is appropriate so that your garment fits correctly] and the hat was barely big enough for a baby :-( This time I checked my needle size correctly and it fit! Now I'm making another one for a Christmas gift.

Today I'm starting a class at a local yarn shop. The class is for 4, 2-hour sessions where I will learn how to make this sweater, the Mondo Cable Cardi. I'm super excited b/c I really want to start making things I can wear, not just hats, scarfs, and blankets. But I'm also nervous b/c it's obviously harder to make a sweater than a big square or rectangle...but that's what I'm paying for the class for I guess right? So, I'll post my progress this afternoon if it's worth it.

Now it's time to get some cleaning and decorating done!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that sweater is going to be freaking AWESOME! When I first saw that you were going to knit a sweater, I totally thought "geeky"... but don't get me wrong, that was until I saw the picture. I forget that I wear "cool" sweaters all the time. Hehe... So what color yarn are you going to use? I'm so excited to see how it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete