Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm here


Left Elkridge yesterday at about 7:30. Stopped in LaPlata to help the parents finish packing and then we headed south. This is the first time I've driven any distance by myself. The trip was supposed to be about 8.5 hours and we got to Avon at about 4:30 I think. I followed my parents advice and steered clear of 95 and the usual beach routes. So even though it took a little longer it was a nice scenic route. Driving by myself was easier than I thought, though the familiar route helped.

I'm off to suntan lotion up and head to the beach. It's sunny and a little windy and though it's warm, it's much cooler than back home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous... have lots of fun! One question though, didn't you follow your parents down there? Why did you need directions? I'm confused!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We figured it would be hard to really follow closely so I just got their basic route. We were usually w/in 15 mins of each other though. It was a much easier drive than I thought. I had a book on cd too, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" I'm about half way through I think. So far I like it.

    ReplyDelete