Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Two Down

Finished New Moon today on the beach. These books really are easy reads, and the story keeps you interested and wanting to keep reading. Despite that, I am going to take a quick break and read something else before moving on to Eclipse. That is, if I don't miss the characters and story line too much. H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds is next on my list. I always love heading to the "classics" or "summer reading" sections of the library. There are always soooo many books that I know are going to be good or have at least stood the test of time. Tons of books I feel like I should have read in school but never did. I've read Dracula, Rebecca, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Three Musketeers...and so on. It's also funny to see some of the stuff that makes it onto that list these days too. I've really come to enjoy the library system the past few years. What could be better than free books and movies???

Oh, and since I was going to be in the car for 8+ hours I decided to try a book on CD. I got A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni. I should be about half way through, its at least 11 cds. It is very interesting so far. Easy book to listen to and pay attention even while driving. The fact that the drive is really easy helps I'm sure. Who knows if the book would be the same if you were reading it yourself. But so far I'd recommend it. The few minutes I was in the car today to get bread from the store I turned it on again, and sort of wanted to sit in the car back at the house to finish the short chapter...but I'll have plenty of time on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. You will DEFINITELY have plenty of time to finish 'Suns' on Sunday! I have that book on my 'to read' shelf (literally a shelf in my house). I'm surprised that you wanted to read War of the Worlds. That one just sounds SO BORING to me! Let me know if you enjoyed it or not... I've never given it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about the Twilight books, I kinda wanted a little break from the characters, and it made me like the books better.

    When I read Harry Potter I kind of powered through them and kind of got sick of them and never read the last one. heh.

    ReplyDelete