Monday, July 26, 2010

One Book Down

I finished Twilight last night. At about 3 am to be exact. Not that I stayed up late to read, I went to bed at 10 or something lame, but a thunderstorm woke me up so much I knew I couldn't fall back asleep so I just read. I got so close to the end I couldn't just stop with a few pages left so I finished it all. I think I started it on Wednesday or something. Pretty quick read. On to the next one.

Twilight was good, not obsessively good, but I can see how they are appealing [and I'm still reading aren't I]. Even though I'm not the target audience, which is probably 12 year old girls, not 29 yr old women...the romance is still interesting. It has all the usual vampire stuff, along with some characteristics the author made up [different from standard vamp lore] so that the storyline could work. At times that was a little annoying but it works well so far. The most interesting parts were the back stories, or creation stories, how the characters became what they are. This is my favorite part of other vampire stories, Interview With the Vampire, True Blood...I wish there was more of this, maybe there is? I'm about 1/5 or so through New Moon, I'm sure I'll finish it before I leave on Sunday. Thanks to the library and C, I have all the books so I won't be left waiting for more. Definitely good beach reads.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying them... I'm curious about what exactly is annoying you (regarding differences in vamp lore). Can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete