Saturday, September 11, 2010

2 things

So I tried that Chobani greek yogurt everyone is raving about. 1- when I checked the expiration date right before I was going to eat it [b/c once Giant sold me expired yogurt :-( ] the date was October 10th or so, and I was like- wow, this is some super long lasting yogurt! October! Then I realized that was basically just a month away. Where did summer go?

2- this stuff tastes like eating straight up sour cream. Seriously, it's soooo thick. I got one w/ pineapple on the bottom, but the sweet pineapple didn't do much to help the yogurt. It was good, but I don't really think of it as yogurt. And it so was so thick, I couldn't even eat it all, it was too much! I have another one I haven't eaten yet, it's a honey flavored one, I'll give it a try, maybe it's better.

Ok, still on the food track, so maybe "3 things"- I'm making a Bolognese sauce today. It takes like 4.5 hours...so far it's been 20 mins. I'm browning a puree of onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Then you add meat, brown, tomato paste, brown, red wine, brown, water, water, water water, brown it, brown it....you get the idea. It's apparently a labor of love, we'll see if we love it when it's done. Andrew is going to make home made ricotta gnocci. I'm excited! Pictures to follow :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to try your 4.5 hour recipe on one of my days off!

    Yea, I love the Chobani. And yes, it can taste like sour cream (and actually is a healthy sub for it). I like the peach the best. The honey is good, but essentially tastes like vanilla. I especially like it because I need the protein to keep me satisfied for a 12 hour shift.

    I might like straight sour cream, now that I think about it. But that grosses me out to think about. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the yogurt (which, btw, everyong IS always raving about).

    Mmm about your sauce! I'd love to try "eating" your 4.5 hour recipe, but I'm not sure I'd love to try "cooking" it. How did it turn out??

    ReplyDelete