Monday, June 8, 2009

I want to be the kitty...

That's a MUTTS comic I found a while ago. MUTTS is awesome for anyone who has had a cat or dog, the author seems to know how to think in *cat* and *dog* and get all their intricacies-and it's super cute.

So, having two cute kitties around the house, I often come across adorable situations like this one the other day. Meatball and Betty like to sit on this chest that's in front of a window and stare outside, especially when the window is open and they can smell and hear the real world. Half the time they end up falling asleep like this. It's times like this where, I want to be the kitty. I want to be able to stare, thoughtless out the window and watch the neighborhood. I want to find a soft spot in the sun and sleep for hours, next to my best friend who likes to cuddle. I want to play by myself for hours, just by batting a bottle cap around...and when it stops moving, bat at it again just to keep going...you get the idea.

So, beyond wanting the lazy life of a kitty sometimes...sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't rather have a job at Walmart or something, where I don't care about my job when I leave, and I don't have to worry about doing a good job, and I don't have to commute 3 hours a day. But, then I realize I sort of like my job, or at least I like doing something I think is meaningful and well, dang, it pays waayyyyyyyy better than Walmart!

2 comments:

  1. I want to be a cat toooo! I mean seriously, if it weren't for the paycheck, I would definitely give up this DC work life crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that's one thing I don't envy you two for... going into DC every day is pretty sucky. Let's all play hookey and take a "cat-day"! I'll snuggle if you will :P

    ReplyDelete