Monday, June 15, 2009

You know you are in WV if...

You know you are in West Virginia if your GPS has to ask you if you want a route that avoids unpaved roads...and you wonder- Can I get to where I'm headed without driving on unpaved roads? VAP and I drove to Alpine Lake Resort in Terra Alta, WV this weekend for a friend's mother's 50th birthday party. At one point we were on this road and the GPS clearly didn't know where we were b/c it kept trying to get us to turn off the road where no road existed, just trees.
This is the view from our car...we thought we might never see civilization again...

Once we finally got there it was time to relax and drink and eat. A rousing game of ladder ball and some BS card games. Then off to a WV style party. It was actually pretty fun, karaoke and bbq. I think I was in bed by midnight-sad but we did start partying about 12 hours before that.
AM and I taking a break from ladder ball. You can see the cabin we stayed in behind us.

2 comments:

  1. How cool! B and I really want to plan a trip to WV. It's so beautiful, and neither one of us has ever been before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VAP and I want to go back some time and find a park to rent a cabin or in some other place in the area. There was actually an article two weekends ago in the Wash Post about renting cabins, and where different parks were and if their cabins had bathrooms/kitchens...I saved it to check out later. I think a nice little romantic weekend in a cabin [with read beds, ac, a kitchen and bathroom- I don't do camping] would be fun. You could go camping, swimming, fishing, or just plain relax.

    ReplyDelete