Friday, February 5, 2010

house envy

I love visiting other people's houses. I love to see how people decorate and what their tastes are like. And I inevitably go home wanting to do something with my own house. Whether its feeling like, ugh, I realllly need to get new carpet/kitchen/bathroom/deck/ you name it, or wanting to try some new decorating ideas, I always feel inspired to improve. The other night we went to dinner at our neighbor's house. It was really nice. They are another young couple, and have a 2 year old boy. The little one was put to bed as we got there and we had a nice dinner. It was really nice to be able to hang out w/ our neighbors. I've lived next door to them going on 4 years [!] and I'm glad to get to know them better. We all realized we live in a good neighborhood, nice neighbors overall, kid friendly, safe feeling. It's nice to interact more than the wave and hello when you pass in the yard. I hope we continue to spend time with them.

So, it was fun to see their house b/c it's kind of the slightly larger carbon copy of our own. It is laid slightly different but overall they are similar. So, on top of the list of home decorating improvements is put up wedding pictures!!!!! It's now been over a year and we don't have any pictures printed and hung up. I'm so indecisive that I know it will take me forever to decide which ones to print and then how to arrange...I just need to dive in.

So, on this snowy [?] weekend, I think I'm going to work on completing my afghan that I started long ago and just tidy up the house. That's an achievable goal I think. Beyond that, anything I get done is bonus.

Have fun in the snow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling all inspired to get things done this weekend, too! I've had a whole plan for hanging wedding photos for like 3 years now! I've selected the shots as well as the collage arrangement--I just haven't had the nerve to put holes in the walls! Isn't that dumb?! You should just go for it :) I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete