Saturday, February 6, 2010

Next Project- Trellis Sweater


The thing about craft and home projects, is as soon as you are done one [or even before completion] you are ready to start a new one. So the next project is the Trellis baby sweater found here:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTtrellis.html

And no, this is not my veiled way to tell you all I am pregnant, we're friends, I would at least tell you on facebook :-) No, I've got two friends who are expecting this year, and baby sweaters are fun to knit and go quick! I think this is going to be really cute and I hope it comes out right. I'm not too good w/ the 'gauge' which is where you make sure you are making it the right size by doing a test swatch of the pattern and switch needle size if it is too big/small. I did it twice and just decided to go w/ what I've got. So, hey, if it's too big, kids grow right? It will fit some time...

So, I'm even trying to make some changes to the pattern to make it easier to knit. I joined this cool knitting/crocheting web group where people post projects and pictures and tips and stuff called https://www.ravelry.com/account/login It's great b/c you can browse all kinds of projects and get ideas of what to work on next.

This website also helped me realize that I didn't know how to read graphic charts for knitting. I worked on the project for a few days and it just didn't look right and while looking over someone else's comments realized that I was doing it all wrong...so I had to start over which is never fun, but now it looks great and much better so I'm happy. I'm hoping to make some major progress on this while snowed in...for the sixth day! I had a flex day Friday so I didn't work and now we are going on 3 snow days...I'm not totally bored or cabin crazy yet. It helps that we were able to make a path to the neighbor's house to go have some drinks and enjoy some company. We even made it over there for the SuperBowl- a snow blog post to come soon!

Alright, back to the knitting for a while. Good luck to all you other bloggers/readers out there w/ your snow projects and enjoy the time off.

1 comment:

  1. I agree: baby things go faster! And: I hate doing the "finishing touches" on projects when what I really want to do is start a new one :)

    Can't wait to see the sweater...

    ReplyDelete