Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Housewife?

I'm starting to miss my short foray last week into being purely a housewife. This working stuff is no fun, especially when you have 5 million emails to catch up on b/c you were out for a week. But... I think my dreams of sitting at home watching daytime reruns of Law and Order, NCIS, Gilmore Girls, and Bones while knitting and constantly checking Facebook updates are not quite going to pan out. This life can only be supported by a double income...my part would be sorely missed...maybe we should all ban together to start selling our knitting, baking, quilting, sewing, artistic creations to somehow support ourselves so we can run away from these other jobs...any takers?

Going to a wedding this Saturday followed by a 5 night cruise of the Caribbean...totally not going to help my desire to not have to work...oh well, that's what vacations are for right, to unwind, relax and make work seem possible again.

3 comments:

  1. i'm so with you! working sucks. :(

    have a great time on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. work bites! let's do it! (have fun on your cruise! we're all jealous here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back on life under the category: If I had it to do over again. I would never have gone back to work after Candice was born. Being home and not dragging children to daycare in the early hours of the morning until late in the evening is definitely a luxury not to be passed on if you have that option. That said it is also nice to be able to eat and pay the house payment.

    ReplyDelete