Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just doing my part

The husband and I are planning to get healthy this summer, hopefully get a little more fit by beach time. And I just took the first step, ate a bowl of ice cream. He has mandated that we can't have any sweets or unhealthy snacks in the house, but that we are allowed to finish what's here. So, in an effort to clear out all that unhealthy stuff I had a yummy dish of Andes Mint ice cream. Mmmmm.

Eventually we will eat all the good stuff and the next step will be much harder, but the point is to be doing it together, which I guess will make it easier. My problem is I'm a snacker and I also like to have treats every once in a while, rewards for doing well...I'll just have to enjoy all my rewards in advance :-( Hopefully we can stick w/ this and eat better and work out more over the next month or so and see some results. Here goes!

3 comments:

  1. I'm on the same get-fit train this summer! Brian and I have been running every morning since Sunday, with the goal of running every day this summer.... AND, we're trying to eat healthier. Yikes! It's harder to eat well when you're hungrier from working out, but I think we'll make it. Good luck in your quest! I'd recommend passing off the sweet treats to your neighbors - get the sugar and junk out of your house, it's SO tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice from Becca about donating to the neighbors... but it's kinda unrealistic to swear off sweets completely. You still need those rewards! Hang in there; I'm proud of you two :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's your diet coming along? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete