Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've joined the land of the sewing!

I'm back! And I'm gonna learn to sew :-) My mom dropped of my grandma's sewing machine today. It's a 13 year old Singer and it's basic but just what I need. Mom taught me how to thread it and we took it on a test run. Works fine, I just need to get some thread and get sewing. I'll finally get to finish my Snow Mum Pillow...at last. I won't have to borrow other New Wives machines and we can all sew together :-)

I'm looking forward to the project Beeps has proposed, a zippered clutch w/ a wrist-let. Can't wait. Now I have to start amassing large quantities of fabric and queue up some projects.

The only bad thing is now I have to choose between sewing and knitting, between the two the possibilities are endless!



3 comments:

  1. Craziness! On the same day, both you and another friend posted about having gotten sewing machines. I blame cobble cobble for all this madness. She was the first one, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray!! let's make the bags at my house in july :)

    ReplyDelete