Sunday, June 27, 2010

Project Updates!

Two projects done in one week! Finished the scarf for my friend Sara's bridal shower on Friday [only took one week!] and finally broke out my sewing machine for its first test drive to finish the Snow Mum Pillow.

First things first, Penobscot Scarf: my first attempt at lace, pretty happy with how it turned out. I had to block it after I was done b/c it wanted to curl at the ends and throughout the length and after I was done it looked so good. I hope it keeps its shape. This was pretty easy to make in a week w/ some serious knitting time.


The next project is like 6 months in the making. The NWC got together to make this back in the winter and I bailed early b/c of the snow [which amounted to nothing]. I finally got my own sewing machine [thanks Grandma!] and set about to finish it this weekend. Now, this is a pretty forgiving project, the wool felt hides my crooked sewing and it still looks ok. The hardest part was sewing the petals on since my presser foot didn't really get up high enough. I learned that I don't know a lot about sewing and need to work on my technique...like remembering to put the presser foot down before sewing...but it's done!


I love the way it looks on our new-ish bedding. I have our summer chenille spread on w/ the shams from our duvet cover and the mum matches perfectly. I love the look. Now we just have to work on making the bed up more often so we get to see the full effect.


Now I just have to find my next project :-) Any suggestions...?

1 comment:

  1. OH! The scarf is definitely awesome... and your snow mum looks great! Don't worry about the presser foot being up -- I think we had to do that on purpose on that project in order to sew through all those layers! :)

    ReplyDelete