Tuesday, January 12, 2010

burrrr-cicles

So it's freaking freezing in our house, ok, so it's only 60, but when it's 30 outside and feels like 12, 60 inside isn't really that comfortable. So I've got on, sports bra [I'm thinking these are warmer than reg] top and bottom long johns, t-shirt, hoodie, sweatpants, puffy vest, warm socks, and awesome slippers, and I'm still cold! I've got a Betty-cat currently in the spot between me and the laptop, providing some warmth, but this needs to change. And hopefully it will soon. VAP had some mechanical contractors he works with come over and tell us that our heat pump or the compressor or whatever is broken, kaput. BGE is coming Thursday for a free estimate to find out how much it would cost to replace it all. And the other guys are doing the same. So, even though we have a emergency fund just for things like this...I really hate to actually spend that money. It makes me feel like I have more money if I pretend I never have to spend it on anything.

So, hopefully it doesn't cost too many thousands of dollars and we end up with a system that is actually more efficient and makes our monthly bills less. *optimistic*

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that, and I know exactly how you feel about the emergency fund. You're never supposed to actually take money OUT of that account. It's just supposed to stay there :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stink! Being cold is the worst, and spending money might be #2. At least, you have a Betty-cat for snuggle warmth.

    P.S. Took me way to long to figure out what a VAP is. haha.

    ReplyDelete