Thursday, January 28, 2010

High Hopes

Why is it that I'm super motivated to go work out in the middle of the day, thinking, 'oh man, today is going to be great, I'm going to work out once I get home, I'm excited, and it will be great for me....' and when I actually get home after a 1.5 hour commute and usually an unsatisfying nap on the train [that only leaves me more tired] I just can't get the motivation to get to the gym. I'm sure part of it is that it's winter, and I've been out of the habit of going to the gym for months. But, man, I just can't seem to drag myself there anymore. And really, I just want to get in better shape, tone a few squishy bits and not get winded walking up the 5 flights of stairs to my office every day. I mean seriously, I get winded EVERY DAY. That's sad, but maybe I'll never get used to it...? Maybe I need to use the stair machine at the gym.

Alright, so the plan is to go to the gym w/ the husband tonight...lets see if we make it :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    PS: I get winded walking up the two flights of stairs to my house. Maybe you don't ever get used to it... yikes!

    PPS: I love the new look. You finally figured it out :)

    ReplyDelete