Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fun with Picnik

So, I finally played around w/ www.pinnik.com to make some collages here are the results. All pics taken w/ my new camera Christmas present. I haven't totally learned how to use all the bells and whistles but it's been fun playing with it and taking tons of pictures of Meatball and Betty. They are constant subjects of my photographic experiments. And they are always doing cute stuff that I just NEED to take pictures of. So, as a round up of the last month:
This is the anniversary dinner VAP and I made for ourselves. Big ole steaks, huge shrimp [which we had to devein, ewwwwwwwwww] and some yummy mushrooms and onions go on top.


Meatball likes to get inside bags. He just crawled into that target bag and decided to sit a while. Betty can come off as a little aloof, but she's a cuddler at heart.
My dad made these AWESOME Cats Meow type things for Christmas. He made the house I grew up in, where VAP and I live now, and the church I grew up in. He took photographs and spray glued them to wood then cut them out w/ a band saw and then sanded and painted it. They look really professional, all they need is the little black cat in all the pictures. I was really impressed with the 'secret project' he was working on. I had to send him a picture of the house, I figured he was doing some sort of collage or something, this was way cooler.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Kitties are so cute! Your camera takes nice shots.. i mean you take nice shots with your camera. heh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm glad you showed us your dad's "cats meow" craftiness because the online version just doesn't do it justice. Those things ROCKED! I seriously wonder if he's interested in taking orders... I'd love to get one of my parents' houses as gifts for them. Ask him, ask him! :)

    ReplyDelete