Tuesday, January 19, 2010

it gets worse before it gets better

So, new heat pump and all that business today. The guys who installed it got it done in about 4.5 hours which impressed me. The poor kitties about jumped out of their skin the the ductwork from the old system was being cut out and banged up. The both ran under our bed and looked shell shocked for a few hours. They are all calm and snoozing now though :-) The new system works great! I'm not wearing 17 layers finally and my nose and fingers are a normal temperature.

So, to allow the mechanical guys to do their job we had to clean up the 'utility room' aka little box around the inside unit that we shove stuff we don't know what to do with. So, VAP emptied this out this morning---all over the basement. I finally went down after the final install and it looks like we are bums that have a hording problem. Wreathes for all seasons, Halloween costumes, pillows, blankets, spare winter coats, a safe, air mattress, sleeping bag, extra comforters, various grilling accessories, a HUGE box of cables and video games including old original Nintendo games, extra Mary Kay stock [want some?] and so forth. So, since the HVAC unit is bigger, and we reallllly don't need all that crap anyway we tried to sort it out. Most stuff is just ended up in the attic, or as I like to call it, 'where stuff goes to get lost till we move.' But I don't want to just stash stuff there b/c I don't know what to do with it. So much stuff though! UGH.

Well, at least some point soon I'll try to schedule the clothing exchange again, get rid of some closet stuff. I'm planning on spreading a bunch of stuff out on the dining room table and saying- please take it off my hands! Free to whoever wants it. I feel a huge yard sale coming on once this weather stabilizes, I just need to have less stuff or I'm gonna go nuts.

Ok, that's it, I'm done. It's just so hard to keep a clean house when you start cleaning and realize all of the sudden it's worse then when you started. Makes you not even want to try.

3 comments:

  1. ooh! i forgot about the clothing exchange! i have a few bags of stuff to exchange!!! let's plan a date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I so know what you mean about having TOO MUCH STUFF! I'm trying to clean up in prep for my party this weekend, and I'm feeling like I don't have any nooks or crannies left! They're all filled up with junk! Maybe we can have a huge yardsale together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally all for a yard sale come spring. Didn't your community have one? I know mine does in June or something. We should get together for one of them. Now, where to keep all that yard sale stuff till then...

    ReplyDelete